Core Curriculum for Interventional Physicians: ADVANCED LUMBAR
The advanced lumbar modules are the next steps in mastering the lumbar region for all spine pain physicians. As an SIS member*, you can purchase this educational offering and dive into these topics. For an optimal learning experience, it is highly recommended that you view the videos in order.
Topics covered in the advanced lumbar modules are:
- Anatomy, Technique, and the Evidence Base
- Infraneural Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Selective Nerve Root Blocks
- Intra-articular Facet Access
- Multi-depth, Multi-site Lateral Sacral Blocks
- Advanced Lumbar Anatomy: Using MRI to Plan Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Technique and Evidence Base: Percutaneous Lumbar Z-Joint Cyst Rupture
- The Evidence Basis for Lumbar Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections
- The Philosophical and Statistical Basis of Diagnostic Blocks
- Risk Mitigation in Lumbar Interventional Procedures
- The Evidence Basis Supporting the Use of Non-Particulate Steroids in Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Contrast Flow Patterns in Transforaminal Epidurals: Maximizing Target Specificity and Minimizing Risk
Materials presented in this activity have been made available by the Spine Intervention Society for educational purposes only. We reserve all rights to such material.
*Continual membership is expected to access the modules in your member profile.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Analyze the imaging depiction of the relevant anatomy;
- Relate patient history and physical exam findings with imaging to achieve a likely diagnosis of the spinal pathology causing the patient’s pain or dysfunction;
- Describe the literature support for the efficacy of the procedures;
- Identify the risks and benefits of each procedure, as well as assessment, prevention, and treatment of potential complications;
- Apply technically correct performance of the spinal procedures using safe fluoroscopic guidance with minimal tissue injury or discomfort.
Speaker Disclosure Information
RELEVANT FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH ACCME-DEFINED INELIGIBLE COMPANIES
Michael B. Furman, MD, MS
Grant and research support: Mesoblast/Cascade
None of the other planners or speakers had relevant financial relationships with ACCME-defined ineligible companies.
All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
References are provided within the speakers presentations.
No commercial support was received for this activity.
The Spine Intervention Society (SIS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
SIS designates this enduring material for a maximum of 4.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Date of Activity Release: 07/05/2020
Date of Activity Expiration: 07/04/2023