Core Curriculum for Interventional Physicians: CERVICAL and ADVANCED CERVICAL
The Cervical Core Curriculum product includes all lectures presented during SIS Cervical and Advanced Cervical Bio-skills Courses. As an SIS member*, you can purchase this educational offering and dive into these topics.
Please Note: Because there is a significant amount of overlapping content across presentations in the two courses, the Cervical and Advanced Cervical Core Curriculum is offered at the price for a single module.
Topics covered include:
- Anatomy, Technique, and Evidence Base
- Third Occipital Nerve Blocks: Lateral Approach
- Third Occipital Nerve Blocks: Posterior Approach
- C7 Medial Branch Blocks: Lateral Approach
- C7 Medial Branch Block: Posterior Approach
- C3-C6 Medial Branch Blocks: Lateral Approach
- C3-C6 Medial Branch Blocks: Posterior Approach
- Lateral Atlanto-Axial Joint (C1-C2) Access
- Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Interlaminar Epidural Steroid Injections
- Intra-articular Facet Joint Access
- Thoracic Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections
- Cervical Anatomy for the Interventional Pain Management Physician
- Advanced Cervical Anatomy and Imaging: Anatomy of the Craniocervical Junction
- Contrast Flow Patterns in Cervical Epidural Injections
- Risk Mitigation in Cervical Procedures
- Risk Mitigation in Advanced Cervical Procedures
Materials presented in this activity have been made available by the Spine Intervention Society for educational purposes only. We reserve all rights to such material.
*Continual membership is expected to access the modules in your member profile.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Analyze the imaging depiction of the relevant anatomy;
- Relate patient history and physical exam findings with imaging to achieve a likely diagnosis of the spinal pathology; causing the patient’s pain or dysfunction;
- Describe the literature support for the efficacy of the procedures;
- Identify the risks and benefits of each procedure, as well as assessment, prevention, and treatment of potential complications;
- Apply technically correct performance of the spinal procedures using safe fluoroscopic guidance with minimal tissue injury or discomfort.
Speaker Disclosure Information
RELEVANT FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH ACCME-DEFINED COMMERCIAL INTEREST
Brad Goodman, MD
Stock Options: Discgenics
Louis C. Saeger, MD
Grant and research support: Vivex, JoiMax
Marketing/promotional dinners: Boston Scientific, Nevro, StimWave
None of the other planners or speakers had relevant financial relationships with ACCME-defined ineligible companies.
All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
References are provided within the speakers' presentations.
No commercial support was received for this activity.
The Spine Intervention Society (SIS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
SIS designates this enduring material for a maximum of 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Date of Activity Release: 07/11/2020
Date of Activity Expiration: 07/10/2023