Ask the Experts Webinar: Anticoagulation/Antiplatelet Meds Management
- What are the thrombotic implications of stopping ACAP medications?
- Which procedures can be safely performed without stopping ACAP medications?
- If stopped, are some ACAP medications more likely to result in thrombotic events?
- What are the incidence and implications of bleeding complications during procedures, and are these risks increased when ACAP medications are continued?
- Why should interventionists be more involved in ACAP medication decisions instead of reflexively deferring to the prescribing physician?
Your expert panel for this August 15, 2023 webinar included:
- Byron J. Schneider, MD, Director of the Interventional Spine and Musculoskeletal Medicine Fellowship at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, and IPSIS Research Division Chair; and
- Gene Tekmyster, DO, Assistant Professor of Clinical Orthopaedic Surgery at Keck Hospital of USC, and IPSIS Membership Committee Member.
The panel was moderated by Michael B. Furman, MD, MS, Fellowship Director at OSS Health and Chair of the IPSIS Membership Committee.
Listen on the go — make "Ask the Experts" your new go-to podcast! Besides the video, an audio download is also available here.