Core Curriculum for Interventional Physicians: DISC ACCESS
The Disc Access Core Curriculum product includes lectures presented during SIS Disc Access Bio-skills Courses. For an optimal learning experience, it is highly recommended that you view the videos in order.
Topics covered include:
Intervertebral Disc Anatomy, Pathophysiology, and Pain Generation
Anatomy, Technique, and Evidence Base
- Lumbar Disc Access
- Cervical Disc Access
- Thoracic Disc Access
Risks and Complications
Materials presented in this activity have been made available by the Spine Intervention Society for educational purposes only. We reserve all rights to such material.
*Continual membership is expected to access the modules in your member profile.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Analyze the imaging depiction of the relevant anatomy;
- Relate patient history and physical exam findings with imaging to achieve a likely diagnosis of the spinal pathology; causing the patient’s pain or dysfunction;
- Describe the literature support for the efficacy of the procedures;
- Identify the risks and benefits of each procedure, as well as assessment, prevention, and treatment of potential complications;
- Apply technically correct performance of the spinal procedures using safe fluoroscopic guidance with minimal tissue injury or discomfort.
None of the planners or speakers had relevant financial relationships with ACCME-defined ineligible companies.
References are provided within the speakers' presentations.
No commercial support was received for this activity.
The Spine Intervention Society (SIS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
SIS designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Date of Activity Release: 03/23/2021
Date of Activity Expiration: 03/22/2024